Skip to main content

Fall Bucket List




I know fall doesn't officially kick off until September 22, but around my house, as soon as September 1 hits, we live and breathe the beginning of the "Ber" months. From candy corn and pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin patches and Harry Potter marathons, we enter a full on love affair with all things autumnal. This year, to make sure we don't miss one minute of pumpkin palooza, we came up with our own Fall Bucket List. And, as is our tradition, fall will kick off with the inaugural viewing of my favorite fall movie, You've Got Mail, on my birthday. To say I'm excited would be a colossal understatement.

2017 Surrett Family Bucket List

  1. Pumpkin Spice Latte
  2. Paint Permanent Pumpkins
  3. Fall Photo Shoot at Pumpkin Patch
  4. Pumpkin Scones
  5. Traditional Fall Baking & Cooking
  6. Chili & Cornbread by fire pit
  7. S'mores
  8. Hiking
  9. Latte & walk by the pond 
  10. Harry Potter Movie Days with homemade Butterbeer
  11. Cabin trip
  12. Bike Ride
  13. Seasonal Pancakes at Liberty Market
  14. Apple Cider
  15. Pumpkin Pop-tarts
  16. Watch Young Frankenstein
  17. Watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
  18. Watch You've Got Mail (more than once)
  19. Decorate jars with Candy Corn and other "fall" candy
  20. Halloween
Happy Fall Y'all!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walmart Challenge Conclusion

So, the Walmart Challenge has officially ended and the big question looms: Did I succeed? Did I manage to shop for groceries and household items exclusively at Walmart for 31 days?  Drum roll please..... Almost. Y'all I made it to the very last day. I'm talking Halloween, October 31, dia del fin. I'd purchased all my groceries for the week, including Halloween candy and special Halloween meals (my weekly dinner menu is at the end of this post) . . .  and then we decided last minute to carve pumpkins. No problem, I thought. Surely Walmart will have pumpkins, right? Wrong. Super Walmart: out of pumpkins. Walmart Market: out of pumpkins. Seriously, one day they had pumpkins as in yesterday, Monday, October 30 and the next day gone. All gone. How about Funkins I thought? Uh, nopety nope nope no.  Alas, in my best effort to preserve my status as perfect mom and not disappoint my kiddos  myself, I begrudgingly went to Fry's and purchased pumpkins, of which, point of

Face Value

"You shaved." My guy - before he shaved. These were the words uttered by my sixteen-year-old to her father as she walked in the door from school a couple weeks ago. My husband caught my eye, smiled small and looked at Jill, "Yes, I did," he responded quietly, yet affirmatively. My stomach sank. A wave of guilt washed over me like cold water as I stared at his newly, and still so handsome, clean-shaven face. I felt awful. I'd spent all day with this man, we had lunch and went shopping.  I'd even kissed him and yet I'd failed to see that his whiskers were gone and the scruff I used to feel rubbing against my cheek when we cuddled was noticeably absent. How could I have missed something so obvious? How could I fail to notice such a major change on the face of the most important person in my life this side of heaven? In short, I was so focused on myself, thinking on my own problems and issues, I'd become blind to anything else, including the lo